Wednesday, February 24, 2010

It's Cathartic (boogie woogie woogie)!

So, it has been a WHILE since I've posted anything, but things are going so well for me! I couldn't be happier with my progress and results. As of yesterday, I've lost 17 pounds overall, bringing myself to an extremely happy place!

I have found myself lately starting to truly think about food differently. Food wasn't my drug that made me feel good. The energy surrounding food was. Parties, eating out with friends, big family dinners, cooking nights with all my besties - it wasn't the food that ever brought me pleasure - it was the sense of belonging that came as a secondary effect. Now, I'm trying to pinpoint how to recreate that feeling, but yet think about food either a.) not being there, or b.) a secondary effect of the good feelings. (Making food something that I'm not initially concerned about).

However, I can feel my self esteem and confidence building more and more. Everyday, I'm happier with the way I look, and I'm happier knowing that I'm FINALLY starting to care about myself enough (because I deserve it!) to take care of ME. No longer worried about putting others first, all the time. I have to make sure I'm in a good place, before I can help (worry about) others. It's odd that it has taken 22 years to realize that. I've said this a million times though - I am my mother's son.

Thanks again for all the support and kind words. They really do mean so much. BTW, Ruby has been AMAZING this season. Only the second episode and I'm already right there with her.

2 comments:

  1. Good for you Andrew!
    We're all on this journey together- someone who wants to lose five pounds and someone who wants to lose fifty. You might think a woman who is a size six doesn't think about her weight, but I sure do- I got down to a size four 2 years ago, but got lazy and it crept back up a bit. Yesterday I saw back fat in the mirror in the changing room at Target- that SO has to go before bikini season! So I went to the gym this morning and got a good workout, and am going to be consistent this time! I don't have a goal weight, but I have a pair of jeans that I really, really love and really, really don't fit into right now, so my goal is to wear those comfortably.
    Congrats on the 17 pounds, and keep going!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "The world of achievement has always belonged to the optimist." - Harold Wilkins

    Today we were talking about "translations". Using a tool you pick up in one venue to gain the advantage in another. Your optimism is just such a tool for you.

    You DO deserve it!!

    ReplyDelete