Sunday, February 28, 2010

Takin' the long way.

So, I finally can say for certain, I can truly see myself undergoing a BIG change. Here is a bullet list of old habits/actions, and new ones:

- Road trip with Kyle. Didn't start with a bag of Funyuns, a liter of Sprite and a bag of Skittles. It started with great conversation, a bottle of water (two bathroom breaks) and a bag of fat free pretzels.

- Friday night dinner with family at Sonny's. No pulled pork sandwich on garlic bread. Instead, salad bar (fat free ranch and no cheese) and one piece of smoked chicken.

- Saturday morning, Fruit and yogurt for breakfast, not huge pancake meal. Bought a day pass at the gym near my mom and dad, and worked out (alone, but totally worth it).

- Movies = no buttery (read: oily) popcorn.

- Dinner at Bethany's = grilled chicken and chicken sausage (my new favorite thing!). Extra broccoli, little spoon of mashed potatoes. Drinks? One full calorie beer. After party food? Waffle house - this one is a biggie - ordered "dry" grits (no butter), no bread, no cheese, veggie omelet.

- This morning, breakfast with Steven (dry grits, egg whites and hot sauce). Road trip with Kyle, with pretzels and an apple.

I actually left home early today, just so I could make it back in time for a class at Leach. I too, was shocked. Long story short, this weekend could have went a million bad ways, but I chose to make decisions that make me so proud in hindsight.

I'm excited about this week. I can feel that it's going to be stellar.

No comments:

Post a Comment