Anywhere you go
Anyone you meet
Remember that your eyes can be your enemies
I said, "Hell is so close and heaven's out of reach"
But I ain't giving up quite yet
I've got too much to lose
I stupidly took a little over a week off from the gym. I had gout in my right ankle last Wednesday, Thursday I was still sore, Friday I left town, came back Tuesday, had a ton of life to catch up on, new friends moved into town (from my program) and a lot was distracting me.
I noticed at work over the past few days that I was totally unhappy, unsettled, and overall in a cranky and unhealthy mood. I've had the same gym bag packed in my car for two weeks.
Yesterday, I left work, hurried over to stats class. Sitting in class, I was getting increasingly antsy and feeling like I could literally BURST out the window. So, on the break, I left. I knew what I needed - I knew where I needed to be.
I instantly drove to Leach, snagged a front row parking spot, and headed in the door. Almost to the tune of angelic symphonies, I swiped my card and ceremoniously proceeded to partake in the ritual I've completed countless times since January. I grabbed my book and headed for the elliptical. Again, what do you know?! I walk up, and one of the new machines is totally open and calling me. I hop on, and begin my 30 minute purging.
I had a clear shot of the counter; my night wasn't going to end there! I waited, until I saw the first person get in line for Spin, and I shot downstairs to join them - fellow brethren in the fight, I thought to myself.
After sign up, I proceeded to the chamber where I've spent so many countless evenings experiencing any range of emotion. Last night's - optimism and persistence. It was a strength ride - the medium in difficulty. As I neared the end of my ride with one of my all time favorite instructors, I started thinking to myself how easy it would have been to just throw in the towel, and never come back.
While on my hiatus, I watched what I ate and made sure to take some time to recover from the gout and stretch a lot. Well, after the ride, I decided to go and weigh - and to date, I've lost 47 pounds. It is so incredible to say, and it truly makes me feel totally capable to take on anything.
I wanted to have lost 50 pounds by my birthday - and I couldn't be happier that I'm so close to my goal! I know that I'm not giving up quite yet.
So, here's to the next 66 pound!
Tuesday, July 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


You ROCK!!! So proud of you! <3 you buckets ASM!
ReplyDeleteGlad you are channeling your team with the blog again Andrew! You are the best reward!
ReplyDelete