This year isn't full of resolutions - I've resolved enough in my life. I have always resolved to put others first, be selfless, be constantly "on-stage," be "safe," be used. This year, I'm starting a Revolution against myself. Stopping myself from living for others. It's time now to finally find something meaningful to ME. Not losing weight for a guy in my life - lord knows that's let me down a time or two. Not losing weight for my mom - lord knows that's a pot calling kettle situation.
I've recently starting thinking more about the Nietzsche philosophy of amor fati - the love of fate. It's time to realize that I've been given this body, this life, this situation, this fate; and instead of complaining about it - it's time to love it. It doesn't mean that you can't try and improve your fate or situation - so I'll do just that. I'll work with what I've been given, and I'll come out a rock star.


No comments:
Post a Comment