Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Warehouse and Weezer

I went to the gym yesterday, Tuesday, right after work. Had a GREAT workout. Burned more calculated calories than I have since I started going back. I was really pushing it.

Will has this ongoing joke about me going to the gym - he'll occasionally say, "did you get lost on your way to Hardee's/Chili's?" He asked Ann and I the first time we were leaving the gym and ran into him. Then yesterday, he asked me while I was mid-stride on the elliptical. Whatever. I'm going to lose the weight, and then I'll be hotter than him. . burn.

After my workout, I ran home, watched the James Franco episode of 30 Rock, showered, got dressed, scarfed down a sandwich, headed to the Warehouse. Listened to Fatima Rashid and Trevor Newberry read. She's a fiction writer, he's a poet. They were both amazing. Fatima's writing made me uncomfortable - in a good way. I was expecting argumentative details to spin into the story line, and every time I thought I had her character figured out, I was fooled again. Trevor's poetry is masculine and boyish, yet sensitive and overwhelmingly mature. I laughed out loud to his poems about toasts to the drunk life, his gender-changing aunt/uncle and story about the worst trip ever.

Today, I'm torn, because I don't know how I'll have time to go to the gym. I will be at work until 3:30. Then class from 4 - 7. Then, I have a ticket to the Weezer show. The doors open at 7. I'm sure that won't be over until like 10:30/11ish. And at that point, Leach is closed. :( I've worked out 5 days in a row, and I hate the idea of skipping at this point - but a free Weezer concert is a memory I'm not willing to pass up.

No comments:

Post a Comment